Looking back on 2016...
So, everyone is talking about their 2016... the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful.
Every year I have been on this Earth with the ability to truly think for myself, I have had ugly parts of the year. If I took enough time, I could regale on my past and the bad memories. However... as I sit here on my big red comfy couch (bonus points for understanding the reference!), listening to MercyMe, I am taken back to January of this year, just after the new year. It started out rocky. In fact, every month had a "rocky" point. However, instead of focusing on the bad, what about all of the good?
Overall for me, 2016 was a rocking year.
- My business celebrated its first official year in business! Hooray!
- My son turned 4, and continues to surprise the hubby and I daily with his knowledge and skills.
- The Cubs won the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!
- We insulated our attic and actually don't have to be freezing in our house anymore! (Thanks to the in-laws!)
- I finally found my "place" in our church... giving back to God through the gift of photography which He blessed me with
- Our pets all celebrated another year! Martini turned 8, Oliver turned 6 and Wrigley turned 1!
- I turned 30! And it wasn't awful! :)
- My husband and I celebrated 12 years together (dating)!
There's so much more, I'm sure. But those are the highlights. Looking to 2017... it's going to be pretty amazing too.
I challenge all of you to find one good thing about 2016 and comment below. Share with me! And also, what is something you're looking forward to in 2017?
Have a safe, blessed and Happy New Year!